So here is the story: It was a Thursday morning and I was rushing around getting ready for work. I was getting Warren dressed and Georgia was next to me standing on a ride-along Tonka truck that 'should' be sat upon. All of a sudden the truck rolled from under her and she fell on her stomach on the carpet (thankfully it was carpet), the only problem was that her right hand was tucked under her when she fell. So she screamed bloody murder and basically I said, "You are fine, stop screaming." I didn't really believe that she was 'that' hurt. Well she kept on wailing and then told me that she needed to throw up...I gave her my full attention at that point!! I checked for swelling and bruising, but there was none. I had her lay down and gave her Tylenol for the pain. She calmed down after about 20 minutes. Well I decided that if her arm/wrist was broken, it would be swelling, so I dropped her off at Amy's house and went to work. Later that day I called Amy to see how Georgia was doing. Amy told me that Georgia had earlier in the day taken a misstep down the stairs and used her hurt arm to steady herself, at which point she screamed. So I knew that her arm was still hurting. That night she couldn't sleep and whimpered about her arm all night. The next day I called Kaiser and scheduled an appointment. She got x-rays, which she thought was pretty cool and the doctor determined that her right arm, below her wrist was fractured. So she got a little cast...of course she wanted it to be hot pink, but settled on purple when she found out there was no pink. Here is the cast after her cousins, uncle and Mimi wrote on it.


(So much time has gone by since she got the cast on to when I am actually posting the blog, that she wore it for 5 weeks and finally got it removed a few days ago. Yea!! That was one stinky cast. She was so happy to have it off, now she can really do well at writing her letters in preschool.)
No comments:
Post a Comment