So it all started a few months ago...I ran 3 miles on a Saturday (and hated every step of it), but decided that I would 'try' to train for a Half. So each week I added 1 mile to my previous run until I was up to 12 miles...and let me tell you, it became quite time consuming...just ask Peter!! But I stuck with it, and with the help of my fabulous friend (and co-worker) Monica, we made it to race day!! She definitely kept me motivated!! Plus I was turning 30 the day before the race, so I had to prove to myself that I could do it. Here are pics of the big day...
It was a bit rainy, but Peter and the kids came anyway. My brother Brian even came to support me. I would have been sad for them to miss this.
Monica and I with our matching shirts...and yes, there is a guy in a super hero suit behind us.
Here is the start/finish line...we are back behind the 11 min./mile sign.
And we're off...don't we look so happy and dry??
And here I come, after 13.1 miles of running. It looks like I am walking, but I am still running...and only smiling because I see the finish line. Plus I am so happy to see Peter, the kids and my bro. waiting for me at the end. As I ran past Georgia, instead of yelling good job, she yelled out, "Mama, I have to go potty," it was pretty funny.
We got medals, actually everybody got medals for finishing. Don't we look soaked?? It rained on us the whole time, but at least it covered up the sweat.
So here is how I did: Finish time 2 hours 24 minutes...that's an 11 minute mile, which for me is awesome!! I did stop once to pee in a nasty port-a-potty, but other than that I ran non-stop...and I have a black and blue toenail to prove it!!
2 comments:
That is so amazing- Good Job!!! And I know how much those toes can hurt. I love that Peter and the kids were there to cheer on you!
Great job! I am so proud of you!! Hope all is going good with your cute family! Love ya!
Post a Comment