March 30, 2009

Georgia's New Dress

Because my dear Georgia insists on wearing a dress every day, I thought why not make her a bunch of play dresses. So I bought a pattern and enough material to make three different dress. Now I have not sewn for years...and the ladies informed me at the fabric store (aka: Walmart) that I had picked a difficult pattern for basically starting as a beginner. But I jumped right in and started on the first dress, working on it when I had extra time....Well here are the results and I must say that I am very proud of myself. Plus Georgia LOVES her new dress!!

This is the pattern I picked...The first dress style I did is the yellow one in the middle.

I added those cute flower buttons on as accents


I also added the tie in the back...


5 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

I can't believe you did that! It looks so great and so darling on Georgia! Those are some mad skills, I'm half tempted to bust out my sewing machine, but then again the only thing I have ever made with it was a apron and my mother in law helped a ton!!

Kimberly said...

Wow, that is stinking impressive. I wish I can sew like that. I just don't have the patience. And, can you say Deanna when I look at her. She is a mini you. She is so stinking gorgeous. You have such cute kids.

Stoker Family said...

What an adorable dress! She does look just like you!! Hope things are going good for you guys!

Jamie Taylor said...

Totally impressed. I want a girl so bad! See, I always assumed that if I had a girl, our checking account would be no more... But, this is a good example of saving some money. Way to go!

Meg and Russ said...

That dress is adorable! You are talented. It makes me want to learn to sew. Your kiddo's are adorable. Will you tell Brian hi for me?