January 14, 2009

DECEMBER EVENTS

I have taken all the events that happened in December and combined them into one post...so you have been warned, this is a looooong one!!

December 15: I start with our First Snow...winter weather was off to a slow start, but we finally got some snow. And more snow, and more snow!! Here are the kids in the backyard. Georgia loved to go sledding and there is a perfect little hill for her. A few days and much more snow later, she decided the sled was to much work and went down the hill on her bottom, then her stomach. Warren liked the snow until he got too cold, then just stood at the back door until it was time to go inside.





December 20: My brother Aaron got married to a wonderful girl named Alicia. They got married in the Portland, OR temple. I was able to fly out there to attend the sealing. As you can see, it was snowing!! Although it was freezing (literally!!) the snow made for some gorgeous pictures.




December 21: And the fun didn't stop there!! My flight home was to be Sunday morning at 9am, but I received a call from Southwest Airlines, that due to weather, it was cancelled. I guess this particular snow/ice storm hit Portland hard, they had seen nothing like it for 20 years. So I was able to change my flight to 9PM, the same flight my Dad and June were on. Okay, problem solved....well not exactly...
Earlier that morning, I had said goodbye to my grandparents, my mom, Kirstin, Travis and Emily, who were driving home. They had one more seat in the van that they offered to me, but I said no...who wants to drive for 12 hours...I will just take the later flight.
In the afternoon we went to warm up the car and found it covered in a thick layer of ice. You can see the piece of ice that my dad pryed from the windshield of the car in the pic below. Everything was iced over....the trees looked so pretty covered in ice.



But my story doesn't end with the ice....so after we removed the ice from the car, we headed to the airport. The airport was a mad house, people were literally camped out all over the floors. We had to wait about an hour before we could check in, so June and I wandered around the gift shops. Then the dreaded call came...our flight was cancelled!!! The next available flight out was Christmas morning!!! I was so upset...there was no way I was going to miss Christmas morning at home. So we decided to rent a car and drive home...after all that I should have just gone home that morning. But who knew it would turn out like this. Well, the car rentals were pretty limited due to all the people with cancelled flights. My dad just happened to be in line behind another couple who were headed to Sacramento, they were on the same cancelled flight as us, well as it were we ended up sharing a car with them. So 12 hours and some new friends later, we arrived in Sacramento...it was around 8 in the morning. What a long night, but I was home!!


December 24: Georgia and Warren got to open one present on Christmas Eve...new pjs with a new ornament to put on the tree. It was Peter's idea to give them an ornament that would be theirs to keep. I wrote their initials and the year on each one so they could remember when they got it. Here are pics of them hanging up their ornament, dressed in their new pjs and Georgia leaving some goodies under the tree for Santa.









December 25: Christmas Day!! First of all, Georgia was sick...she started throwing up Christmas Eve (in the morning) and because we thought she was doing better, we went to Peter's parents that night for dinner and she threw up at the dinner table. She had been so excited for Christmas, I felt bad that she had to be sick.
Anyway at 6 in the morning, Georgia was throwing up again...as you can see in the picture below she only pukes in a bowl. At least a bowl in portable, unlike the potty. As long as a bowl is near, she doesn't puke in the bed or on the floor.
Here is Georgia sick, with the presents from Santa in the background. Yep they got new snow sleds, slippers, movies and a game. By the way, we got our first white Christmas which was fun!!


Warren with his new motorcyle from his stocking.


Georgia got her favorite movie!! Can you see the bowl beside her?? Poor girl, but she looks happy!!


Warren with his present from GreatGrandpa and GreatGrandma Haycock.


Georgia with her present from Brian and Sara.

3 comments:

Jamie Taylor said...

Those snow pics at Aaron's wedding are so beautiful! They look really happy... what a crazy experience you had! I had no idea! At least you made it home for Christmas. :)

Patria said...

so fun to find your blog! your kids are absolutely adorable! it was fun to see some family updates- glad to see you are well (and part of the blogosphere :) much aloha- patria

Patria said...

Of course I don't mind the blogroll connection! I think it's so fun to keep in touch with people this way- thanks for saying Hi! You guys will have to come visit Hawaii! - Patria